First Bank Blue Earth was founded on November 13, 1869 by Nathanial Chadbourn as a private bank and was eventually renamed First National Bank of Blue Earth. Throughout the years, through mergers and acquisitions the bank was known as all of the following names:
- Bank of Chadbourn Brothers and Company
- City Bank of Blue Earth City
- Merchants and Farmers Bank of Blue Earth City
- Farmers and Merchants State Bank
- First National Bank of Blue Earth
- First Bank Blue Earth
Throughout the years the bank’s focus has been on helping the community grow and prosper as a leader in the financial community. In 1987 First National Bank of Blue Earth was purchased from First Bank System in Minneapolis by a group of local investors. In 2006 First National Bank of Blue Earth changed its name to First Bank Blue Earth after converting to a state banking charter from the Minnesota Department of Commerce.
Today First Bank Blue Earth employs a staff of over 30 people within the bank and insurance agency, including 8 lenders. First Bank Blue Earth continues to be a locally owned bank where decisions are made locally and its customers come first.